Library Cards and Borrowing
Obtaining a Library Card
• Library cards are free of charge. To obtain a card you must show proof of current address.
Acceptable forms of identification include: driver’s
license, voter registration or mail that has been received.
• Out-of-parish residents must also show proof of address. There will be a $10.00 charge for out-of-parish residents.
Loan and Renewal Periods
• Patrons may renew materials by phone, online, or in person if the item is not on reserve.
• Books and compact disks check out for 3 weeks, and
may be renewed 1 time. Magazines are checked out for 7 days, and may be renewed 1 time. Videos/DVDs are checked out for 7 days, and may be renewed 1 time. (High demand books may only be checked out for 1 week with no renewals.)
• You may check out a total of 20 items on an adult card and 10 items on a juvenile card. Only 5 videos/dvd may be checked out on an adult card.
• Books, audiocassettes, compact disks, and magazines have a fine of $.10 per day.
• Videos have a fine of $1.00 per day.
• Make sure children ages 10 and under are accompanied by an adult.
• Bring your library card when you visit.? Adults must have your card to check out materials, children must have card to check out materials and to use the Internet.
• If you lose your card, let us know.? You will be held responsible for all items borrowed on your card up to the time that you notify us.? There will be a $1.00 charge for a lost library card.
Things Your Library Does For You!
• Answer questions and locate information either in person or by phone.
• Provide public access to computer resources on the Internet.
• Lend Books, large type books, popular magazines, dvd movies, videocassettes, compact disks.
• Provide literacy programs.
• Provide fax, xerox, and microfilm reader/printer access to the
• Provide a growing Genealogy collection and vertical file collection.
• Provide reference materials in various forms.
• Borrow materials from other libraries.
• Provide a meeting area for public meetings.
Your Card Allows You to Borrow:
• Books……………………3 weeks
• Compact Disks………….3 weeks
• Magazines……………….1 week
• DVD’s………………………..7 days